Samstag, 29. Oktober 2011

The raped land (original english version)



A streetlight is my dawn.

They give me therapy for my soul

dumps for hills

quarries for ravines

liquid waste for living water.

I killed a fish in this sewer today

Don’t you see how mother nature loves me ?

An equinox has passed unnoticed.

Somebody died in agony for our sins?

Yeah right, maybe we’ll give you the afternoon off like good christians.

Haircuts create happyness.

Shoppig soothes souls.

I feel like pulling the sword from the stone and ruling the land bringing back bloom

cutting myself off

cutting you down.

You bet I could do it.

But I can’t find that stone in this mall we live in

before my soul bleeds dry

It’s oozing out of me so quickly.

I feel cold already,

cold and alone.

Welcome to the familiar void.

Why was he sick, why was he unhappy,
why is he dead?

Didn’t he have everything he needed?